"the past can hurt,but the way i see it,you either run from it or learn from it."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You know my name, not my story.

At the time i'm typing this post, I really should be using it to write-up on euthanasia to be submitted tomorrow. But nooooo, I choose to blog instead. Now my dear readers, don't you feel flattered that I'm putting you before my marks? *winks winks*

Have you ever judged a person? Give them a glance and just BAM! there goes all your reviews and judgments? I'm not going to sit around and tell people, " NO! You have got no right to judge anyone!" I'm seriously not going to do that. Instead of giving advices and telling people not to do what they're used to doing, I'm just going to leave a piece of my mind, with hopes that it makes you ponder a little if not much. So here goes.

When you look at a person, you'll judge them for what they are outside. Yes? You'd be lying if you were to object. Trust me, I'd know. I do it all the time. It's hard for me to just mingle with a person I've just met a few minutes before. I'm that inferior. I look at a person and I consider them being bad or untrustworthy or of negative influence. Honestly, it's hard for me to give a positive feedback on a first impression. On a shorter note, I judge. I do this, and it's not right.

Which brings me to my second point, not everything we do or think is right. We think that we're going to marry our boyfriend we had when we were fifteen but we end up breaking up with him a year later. The world used to think the moon's too far, but in 1969, a group of men landed on it. See where i'm going? Even when the world think they're right, it's never impossible for them to be wrong. Even genius make mistakes. What more a typical humdrum like you and me?

Look at it this way, when you judge a person, did you ever think of how they'd judge you back? I believe in karma, what goes around comes around, and most important, what goes up, must come down. It's just how the world spins. Your story can never be the same with her.

Have you ever thought of what goes around beyond what meet the eyes? She might have been raped which is why she's not laughing to those sexual biased jokes. He might be deep in thought thinking of his dad in Iraq, which is why he's always daydreaming. They might be waiting for their child's return after their baby was kidnapped years ago, which is why they never let anyone use their phone.

Am I making myself clear here? Before you go around speculating people and throwing judgments, think! Words stab harder than knives. Your insult today could be the reason they're not here tomorrow. You see who they are today, you don't know who they were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment