"the past can hurt,but the way i see it,you either run from it or learn from it."

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Wind Almost Took You.

This time, the time machine took me back to the right place. This time, I ran outside and nearly grabbed myself before I walked out that door to kiss you for the first time. I almost tripped at the same garden gnome that bruised me before.

But this time, another me stopped me, before I could stop me, and said, "the only thing worse than missing someone, is wondering what there was to miss." This time, I sat down with me, and we drank and we spoke about how different things could have been. For me. And for me.

Later, I still kissed you for the first time. This time. You are more than a series of experiences. You are the light that surrounds them.

That's what it feels like when you fall from great heights. That's what it feels like when your heart grows back. That's what it feels like when you don't want to feel.

And if you're too busy to stop and actually look at what it's all adding up to, then that's what you should be busy with.

But this, this is just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment