"the past can hurt,but the way i see it,you either run from it or learn from it."

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Even Heroes Have The Right To Bleed.

I used to think I had it all figured out...

...turns out I was wrong all along.

You had it so easy. When one person walks out, you had others who came in. I did not have that privilege. I built a wall too high for a person to climb over. Let alone a troop that would stand by me. And the fact that you were that close to me, I felt that I needed no one else.

I didn't mean to stop, I had to. I had to do everything I did. Because I don't want to be who I was before. I don't want to be the person who shed tears because the one she held on got comfortable with someone else. That's because I only had you, after all, that was all I needed.

Truth is I'm tired. I'm tired of pretending to be strong when all I want to do is fall to my knees. I don't know how I've come to fall this hard. All I know is I don't feel like getting up anymore. I don't want to think of all that we could be, because we've been there.

You may think that I have it all. A lot others feel the same of me. But no, I only had you. And that was more than enough until you walk away and left me with nothing. I'm sorry I left. It's just that, well, I just wanted to be more of you.

I just want to be with you. For a lifetime. I hope that's not too much to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment