"the past can hurt,but the way i see it,you either run from it or learn from it."

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lines on a Page.

When I was a kid, I used to be able to finish a 300 pages book in two days. One if the font is large. Not saying it's a world record, but that's definitely way better than my own record now. I can hardly finish a book with mutual thickness even if I was given a week. Talk about laziness.

But no, I wouldn't blame it all on laziness (despite the fact that it is one of the major factor). I would blame a large portion of it to distractions. Yes, those tiny bit of disturbance you usually get when you're doing something. That's distraction.

I never really get why people make such a big fuss about being all quiet in a library. It's a library, not a morgue, for heaven's sake! But then I realized that maybe, just maybe, the library is a place designated for people like me.

Only now do I realize why throughout my life, I only read before going to bed. And when I do read in a noisy place, I'll be reading the same book over and over again. It's because I can't seem to understand anything I'm reading unless I'm in a very quiet place.

Thus, when I read, I would ignore everything. Of course that includes any voices around me. Don't bother asking me what book is it or what is it all about, it will only end in disappointment. If you're really that curious, then maybe I could let you tip the book a tiny bit just so you could peek at the cover and read the title. But asking me for the title or what the story is about will be a huge NO.

I'm not one who reads just to pass time, I could just play with my phone for that purpose, or I could just crank up my earphones and that would have made time pass much faster. And I definitely do not read just so that it could be a conversational topic. You see those in movies where they pretend to read and someone else comes around and just talks of the book and they end up having a long conversation. Not me.

I read because that's when I let my head sink into my own imagination. I don't necessarily want to drown into my own world, I know for a fact that they're not real, I prefer calling it as maintaining my sanity. It's more than just some neatly arranged sentences on a line, it's floating away. When I'm alone and reading, that shall warn you that I need my own time.

At times that I'm only with my book, that doesn't indicate I'm lonely, that displays I just want to be alone. Let me have my time with the book I'm with, that would be doing me a huge favor. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment