"the past can hurt,but the way i see it,you either run from it or learn from it."

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A dream dreamt.

Writing stuffs on here is like opening your diary to the world. But seriously, screw that. If you're gonna waste your time reading this, you might as well save your time by keeping shut. Get it? *why am I mad all of a sudden? -.-* Moving on.

Tomorrow's the 19th of June, that marks the third Sunday of the month, so if you haven't figured it out yet, it's Father's Day tomorrow. I have a dad, yes, I do. But sometimes the world kept me wondering if I really have one. The superficial idea of having a dad like Nick Parker in The Parent Trap had me gazing pointlessly.

He used to be the one to carry me on his shoulders to the night market, he used to be the one encouraging me to play music, he used to be the one to introduce us to good songs, he used to be the one showing us how to behave in a corporate meeting.(yes,I used to follow him for his meetings) We used to sing Words together, now that I know how to play that song on piano, he's not around to have a listen to it.

We have gone too far astray for me to even think of going back to where we started. You used to carry me, but now I can't even recall the last time you had me in your arms. Maybe after all these years, I have outgrown my love for you. I have outgrown wanting you to be here during our prize giving ceremony, I have outgrown wishing you'd be our Nick Parker.

Maybe he made a mistake. Who am I kidding? I did too, we all have done something we wish we hadn't. But to realize that what we're doing is a mistake takes time and karma, a lot of it. And when he does realize it, I hope it's not too late.

Happy Father's Day, Mr. Noor Azman. ♥

p/s:I'm not gonna lie, I miss having my dad around. We've had some good times, you've always been in my heart, in our hearts. I'm sorry we never were in yours. Though actions may speak contradictorily, the heart whispers consoling the truth. I love you, Abah.

No comments:

Post a Comment